Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Time to Plant and A Time to Harvest...

Spring is on its way---we are seeing signs of it every day.  The robins are chirping, the trees are budding, and the plants and flowers are peeking through the ground.  Oh yes, we are "springing forward" tonight.

Spring is full of pleasant surprises. Last year I bought four white hyacinths for my Easter/Spring decor.  I love the beauty and smell of these hardy yet delicate flowers.  My plan of course was to plant them around my front door as soon as Fall dawned, but the best plans of Mary. Instead, I plopped them on the copper boot tray under the bench in the laundry room.  Forgot all about them really.  

When I saw hyacinths in the stores this year, I bought two--white of course.  I put them in my white ceramic pots and placed them in my kitchen window.
White Hyacinth
About a week ago, I was cleaning in the laundry room and much to my delight, there they were--four hyacinths peeking out of the soil in their crude black plastic pots.  I could not believe it--those sweet smelling flowers survived! I brought them into the light and started to water them--they are growing every day. 
My Surprise White Hyacinths
Such a sweet Spring surprise! 

Getting ready for Easter one decoration at a time. Thinking I should keep it simple and classic this year since next year Little Miss will want to help and we will need to put out every egg, chick, bunny, and basket packed away in my Easter treasure trove. Here is a start--yellow and white runner and white cake stands and planters. These sweet white birds are new. 

First Easter Decoration
Thinking yellow--need some inspiration and some treasures!

Happy Spring!!!! 


May all the seasons be sweet to you. . .
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment