Sunday, August 21, 2011

Blogging, Pinning, and Scrapbooking, Oh My!

A time to search and a time to stop searching. . .

Blogging

To Do:

Keep blog up-to-date--dedicate time to creating and promoting my blog.

Well, well, well--time will tell--four blogs in four month--sigh.

Pinning

I don't know if you are familar with pinterest.com but if not, you need to check it out.  Of course if you don't have hours to devote to searching, pinning, repinning, following, and commenting maybe you should read no farther.  I learned about pinterest.com when I was reading a blog, Jones Design Company.  I refrained from checking it out for a couple of days, but when I finally arrived on the site, I was immediately hooked.  Since then one of my besties and her creative daughter are pinning too. 

One of my favorite things to do has always been to search, clip, save, organize, and comment on things I want to create, buy, or dream about.  For years I have been saving pictures, articles, and instructions for all things interesting.  Now, I don't have to fill bulletin boards, notebooks, journals, or my hard drive with clippings or files of acourtements that bring joy to my life--I can use my digital boards on pinterest.com.  I think I am happy about that.

Scrapbooking

My summer project has been to begin work on a "Life Journal" for my Grands.  Good progress so far and remember this is a long-term project.  There will be two volumes--one with stories, notes, and the best advice a grandparent can give and the second with pictures and momentos to complement the stories, notes, and best advice.  I promise a spread on the progress in September.  Most of you know that I have lots of advice to give.

Try pinterest.com and let me know what you think.  Likes pink princess phones, planning, big diamond rings, pandora bracelets, details, thrifting, upholstered benches for dining room tables, and kindles.

May all seasons be sweet to you,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment